I think I just found my new favourite colour!
This eye-catching potion is not just pretty to look at; it's also a delicious condiment that holds some potent nutritional power.
The best part is, it's beyond simple to make. All you need is a handful of chive blossoms (free of pesticides), some white wine vinegar (preferably organic), a clean, glass jar with an airtight lid and of course a little time. It takes two weeks for this baby to brew, but trust me, it's worth the wait!
THIS RECIPE IS...
- 1 handful Chive Blossom
- 1 bottle White Wine Vinegar / Apple Cider Vinegar
- Rinse the chive blossoms in a fine mesh strainer.
- Spread out on a flat surface or on a mesh drying rack, in a place that has good airflow or outside in the sun (about an hour).
- Once the blossoms are dry place into a sterilized airtight glass jar.
- Pour the vinegar over top.
- Seal the jar and store in a dark cool place for at least two weeks.
- Strain out the blossoms and pour the vinegar back into the jar.
- Use as you would other vinegars.